Enjoy Our Family

We started this blog as a way to keep our long distance family and friends informed. It has turned out to be a great way to share kodak moments. ENJOY!

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Welcome to November

I am very happy it is November. We are getting closer and closer. The doctors have no idea when I'll deliver; however, they do not believe that I will go past 34 weeks. That means mid-December I'll be home. I am not sure I can handle being here that long. I will be 28 weeks on Thursday and my original goal was to get to at least 30 weeks. We'll see what happens. It is getting harder and harder and harder to move. Everything is sore, or lacks any muscle tone. I do have good news to report...I was moved to the BEST room in the hospital. It's huge! It has a big plasma t.v., a microwave, a fridge, a LARGE couch bed (for Bobby), another chair bed (in case a kid spends the night), two more chairs and loads of closet space. It is really great. I cannot complain about the accomodations.

I am still getting medications every 4 hours to keep the contractions away, I receive a shot of Hydroxy Progesterone once a week to keep my cervix happy, I take two Pepcids a day to keep the indigestion away, 4 stool softners (yes, it's that bad), and sometimes....Milk of Magnesia when it gets overwhelming. Oh, the things we do for our children. I am still waiting on the H1N1 shot. If I wasn't in the hospital I'd have it already. They say "well, this is the safest place to be," but that's not the point. If I get immunized, that immunization will pass to the babies via breast milk when they are born. That is what is important to me. I will keep pressing them to get it.

I have been on bedrest for 64 days. If you multiply that by the 3 Ensure's a day....that makes 192 drinks. Yes, I officially HATE them. Friday marks my 3rd week here at the hospital. At least they allow me a 20 min. walk in a wheelchair, it helps. Some people have it worse. The nurses are SUPER nice, but don't you ever get irritated by constant niceness??? Maybe it's the horomones.

Monday, November 9th will be another growth scan (to check the babies' weights). I will post again with the results. Till then, I'll just be laying here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment