Enjoy Our Family

We started this blog as a way to keep our long distance family and friends informed. It has turned out to be a great way to share kodak moments. ENJOY!

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Can't Believe I'm in the Hospital! :(

Yesterday (August 31st) at our regular checkup, we learned that my cervix what shortening. To help prevent preterm delivery, doctors suggested a cerclage & permanent bed rest. I was rushed to St. Joseph's where I remain. The surgery was this morning. I received my 1st spinal ever. I was very scared, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. The surgery was very scary because there is a risk that baby A's bag would rupture. It did not, thank god! If all goes well, I will be out of the hospital in a day or two. I feel horrible because I cannot greet my students on their first day back. I know they will understand. When I called today to check on them, they all shouted "hi" to me. It made me cry...I'm soooo hormonal. I've been placed on ensure which I will sip slowly all day long for the rest of the pregnancy. I need to work now to keep them in and keep them growing. Staying horizontal & eating well should do the trick. There are a lot of people praying for all four of us. Thank you to them. My mom is scanning my ultrasounds from yesterday so I will post them soon. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment